My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

YALE'S 2nd Birthday Party Preps

Hi there! Sorry for being too busy with a lot of stuffs! It's my rest day and so this is the only time that I can post my insights again. Well, last month, we had a lot of things to do as my father also got his retirement honors. Yey! Thank you Lord and my father is now an ordinary man. I'll post his retirement / birthday event later. :)

It's March and I only have two months left to prepare for Yale's 2nd birthday party! How time flies huh?! The last time that I've been too busy was for the preparations of his 1st birthday. And now he's turning TWO! :)

This year's party theme is inspired by Johnny Depp's 2006 movie, CHARLIE and the CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Well, thinking about it, there should be lots of chocolates then! I am thinking about having Barney as well but since our party venue doesn't offer it anymore (Shakey's), I have changed the plan to sticking to the chocolate factory itself. So I have to watch the movie all over again. And guess what, Yale liked the idea of the entrance scene before going inside the chocolate factory. If you have seen the movie, there were dolls and carnival stuffs with the Willy Wonka song playing. So there, I need to incorporate that too!

Here are some of the ideas I got from Google:


the cake design



my inspiration for the dessert table (how I wish!)



I bought some dessert trays so I can do this stuffs on the dessert table



colorful and cute stuffs that can also be done at the desserts

Credits to the picture owners from Google :)

So those are my inspirations for Yale's 2nd birthday party. I just hope I can execute them all! :)

Progress about the party? 

1. Party Venue / Food - reserved :)
2. Balloon Decors - booked :)
3. Photo Shoot - scheduled by 3rd week of March 
4. Invites - scheduled by 2nd week of April
5. Decorations - to purchase on 4th week of March
6. Prizes - to purchase on 4th week of March
7. Souvenirs - for inquiry
8. Dessert Buffet - booked :)
9. Photo Booth - for inquiry
10. Entertainment - booked :)

So far, those are the things I have done for the party. Everything is scheduled according to plan and well enough, I hope I won't be too stressed about it. Well, it'll be a double celebration as Yale and my mom has the same birth date. :)

See you on the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment