My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Friday, August 5, 2011

Baby Yale is a Rash-Free Baby!

Keeping our little ones as comfortable as we want them to be is a very crucial thing that every mom has to deal with. Mainly because we won't know what would keep them out from crying so often and how we can protect their baby-soft skin. Being a first time mom, this has never been a so-so difficult situation for me. I just thought of giving what my baby demands, and what I know would keep him comfy.

From the time that baby Yale was born, I wasn't able to experience dealing with cloth diapers ("lampin", curity or whatever we call them). I bought a pack of Huggies Newborn Diapers in 24's from SM Baby Company 202.75 and I find it very good (quality-wise) for my baby's use. I even tried using Pampers and EQ Dry, since most moms would advise me to be budget wise. But nah, I wouldn't sacrifice my baby's comfort for a little coin difference. I shifted back to Huggies and now, my baby uses Huggies Dry Comfort.

For changing my baby's diapers, I use these: Cotton Pleats and warm water when he poops, Pigeon Baby Wipes when he's wet. I also apply some Johnson's Baby powder to keep him fresh.



 My baby's diaper changing essentials: Pigeon Baby Wipes (SM Baby Company 109.75/pack of 90 wipes), Cotton Pleats (SM Baby Company 59.75), Johnson's Baby Powder in a puff container

                  Huggies Dry Comfort in Medium size in 42's available at SM Baby Company 344.75

                                                            A closer look at the diaper

It will be one of our nightmares when our babies experiences diaper rashes. Well, it wouldn't keep them from being comfortable anymore. So what I do to prevent them is I apply Vandol Cream at least twice a week after giving him a bath. My pedia even recommended me to apply it every diaper change and don't ever let my baby's diaper stay for more than 6 hours. Luckily, my baby didn't experience having diaper rashes. I also use Cutivate Cream when my baby has pink or red spots on his face or body. Those were not rashes though and every baby experience them especially when they're newly born.

These are the samples of my Pedia: Cutivate Cream and Vandol Ointment (I haven't bought them yet so I still don't know the market price)

Giving the best for our babies doesn't mean we have to spend a lot, we just have to feel what our baby needs and what our budget says. There is still no substitute for our precious babies comfort.

            This is what my baby looks like when he's so comfy...so adorable...Isn't that priceless? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment