My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Baby's Bath and Body Essentials

Hi again! I just want to make a review on my baby's bath and body needs. Things that I think are most essential of keeping his skin soft and smooth. 

As a kid once, I had a good experience with Johnsons products since my mom used that for all of us. Well I think that is the only dependable baby product available in the market at that time. Checking out on today's products, Johnsons may be one of the most affordable ones. We now have Pigeon, Chicco, Nivea, Farlin, etc. But then, I still decided to give what I've already tested to my baby. And I was never wrong.

I damp him enough Johnsons baby oil on his chest, feet and back before giving him a bath. This keeps his body warm while taking a bath. When he was born up until his 2nd month, I used Top to Toe Wash also from the same brand. But I noticed that his getting dry scalp. So my pedia adviced me to use Johnsons Baby Shampoo (the original bottle in yellow) and I use Cetaphil Liquid Soap for his body to keep it moisturized, also to keep his body free from red spots or rashes. 


The products I use on my baby: Cetaphil Liquid Soap (available at Watsons 279.75/250ml), Johnsons Baby Powder Original ( SM Baby Company 86.00/300grams), Johnsons Isopropyl Alcohol 70% solution (SM Baby Company  77.00/500ml), Johnsons Baby Top to Toe Wash (SM Baby Company 199.75/500ml), Johnsons Baby Shampoo (SM Baby Company 104.00/200ml), Johnsons Baby Oil Lite (SM Baby Company 73.00/125ml), Johnsons Baby Cologne (SM Baby Company 63.00/125ml)

After bath, I apply some Johnsons Baby Powder on his genitals, butt, underarms, back and his chest. A little amount of Johnsons Baby Cologne as well to keep him smelling fresh. I'm still not using lotion on his skin right now, but will definitely on his 4th month. I will then give him Johnsons Baby Milk Lotion to keep his skin soft and smooth.

Have you ever noticed your baby's dry scalp since they were born? According to researches, that is called "cradle cap" and would go away sometime until their 1st year. So my pedia adviced me to apply a small amount of Mineral Oil (of any brand) on his scalp 5 minutes before taking a bath every day. So I do it using a piece of cotton, but be sure to wash his hair thoroughly with shampoo and water so there will be no oil left. Leaving oil on his scalp will cause clogging of his pores. Well, I found this mineral oil very helpful since I can see improvement on his dry scalp. 

And also, I don't forget to apply some oil on his stomach, scalp and feet by 6:00 pm to keep him warm. I use Aceite Manzanilla for this. It would also prevent babies to get colic. So less crying at night. :)

Helpful Oils I use on my baby: RHEA Aceite Manzanilla (Available at Mercury Drug 32.25/120ml), Apollo Mineral Oil (Watsons 67.00/120ml)

Every baby is a precious gift from God. These tiny people we nourish deserves only the best. As the old Johnsons slogan says, "Ikaw lamang, wala nang iba"...

No comments:

Post a Comment