My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nappy, Nappy, Nappy...What should I use on my Baby?

Hi there fellow moms! After giving birth for the First time, how did you decide on which diaper should you use on your baby? Maybe some moms recommended you branded ones like Huggies, Pampers, Drypers and the like. Or some might have told you to use EQ since it's budget friendly. But did you ever think of deciding on your own? I mean, as a mom? On what you feel is best for your baby?

It was such a dilemma for me as well, like any other moms. Before baby Yale was born, I bought a pack of Huggies Newborn (they come in 24's) costs 202.75 at SM Baby Company. My mom told me that it's the only brand available for newborn, but then we found out weeks later that EQ also have theirs. But still I decided to use Huggies. When I ran out of nappies, I asked hubby to buy another pack for me but unfortunately, there's no available near our place. So instead, he bought Pampers Dry (comes in 19's) costs 199.75. Tried it but I didn't like the smell, it smells like a sanitary napkin. It's thinner than Huggies so I decided to just consume the pack and buy Huggies again. I don't usually stock up nappies because I'm afraid that it won't fit my baby anymore.

On his first month, I shifted to Huggies Small (in 16's) costs 139.75 at SM Baby Company. I prefer to buy there since I got a Mom Card, which earns me points for the things I buy for my baby. But my bad, I wasn't able to stock up much so I need to run to the grocery nearby to buy another pack when I ran out. And again, I wasn't able to find one so I tried EQ Dry Small (travel pack comes in 20's) costs 134.75 at Robinsons Supermarket. I thought I was able to save money since it's 4 diapers more than Huggies for almost the same price. But then, one morning, I noticed that our bed is wet. Oh, no! My baby Yale's diaper just leaked out! So I thought it's EQ DRY??? His nanny even told me that he would always cry whenever he feels that he's wet. I even noticed that he's very irritable when he pooped and diaper sags. So again, I shifted him back to Huggies which makes him more comfy and less worries for me.


If budget is not a problem for us moms, let's not sacrifice our baby's comfort. I still stick to Huggies. It's still the BEST for my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment