My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Greyam Yale's First Holy Sacrament...BAPTISM

Baptism, the first holy sacrament that all of us Catholics must have. It is said that the Original Sin (which was committed by Adam and Eve) will be washed out once it was given.

From the Date, Church, Food and Sponsors...I did all the planning. I only got a little time to plan since we decided to have our baby's baptism on his 3rd week of life. Why? Simply because we need to head back to the City, hubby wants us to go back home so he can be with him everyday. I gave birth in Pampanga so he can only go there twice a week, when he's off from work.

Date: June 5, 2011 - Baby Yale's 3rd week of life.

Church: Metropolitan Cathedral of San Fernando, Pampanga - This wasn't actually my first choice, I really wanted him to be baptized at the same church where I was, Our Lady of Sorrows Parish in Camp Olivas. But unfortunately, the officiating priest was out of the country. So then, I decided to give him a mass baptism, wherein all babies to be baptized are there and only one priest. But it's fine, I realized that we only spent a little not more than 700 pesos for the church, inclusive of registration, candle, long dress and sponsors. Not bad huh? :)
                My baby's Baptismal Barong Pair bought at SM Baby Company for only Php 299.75

                                                        Yale on his Baptismal White Dress

Our Family Picture

Food: We had 5 different dishes cooked by my mom, one lechon and a little candy corner. I think for the food and drinks, we didn't spend more than 12,000 pesos which is already good for 100 persons. We really didn't want to spend too much on this since we know that we would be spending more on the next couple of months for our baby's check-ups and boosters. But everything went well and the food was great even on a budget.
  Yale's little candy treats that served as giveaways to guests. Hubby took the photo when we were setting up                  

                                Mom's cake gift to Yale, it's a moist chocolate cake, super yummy!
        Too bad, we were too busy with the guest and weren't able to take pictures of the buffet table. :(

Sponsors: Our baby's ninongs and ninangs were composed of our relatives and close friends.Some of them even travelled to Pampanga to be there. We really appreciated everyone who came.

         With the Ninong and Ninangs (mostly Ninangs since the Ninongs were unavailable due to work)

                                               Baby Yale with his gifts. Thank You so much!

We were even surprised that we didn't spend much on this. We only spent around 14-15k pesos. Not bad for a good luncheon reception. I didn't have printed invitations but I just tagged an online invitation to my guests. No personalized giveaways but our little candy corner served as giveaways to guests for them to enjoy. My mom bought a baptismal cake as at Sweet and Fancy as a gift. It was indeed a very special yet simple celebration of our son's Christening. 


Next Big Celebration: Yale's 1st Birthday. I'm already thinking of the concepts and planning now so I still have 10 months to do it. I want everything to be perfect on his Big Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment