My Don Yale

My Don Yale

Monday, September 10, 2012

Theme for GREYAM YALE'S 2nd Birthday Party

Hi there mommies! As early as now (8 months), I'm already gathering thoughts for my son's 2nd birthday party on May 2013. I'm a party planner so I don't want to have bulks of different ideas that will leave me cramming before Yale's party.

Actually, a couple of months ago, I have thought of giving him a unique theme for his 2nd birthday. I I was thinking of a Candy Land theme. But then, I realized that the theme is more "girly" and will require a lot of PINK colors on the decors. So, I decided to instead of having a Candy Land theme, a more "boyish" one is a Chocolate theme party.

Some of the SP (Smart Parenting) moms suggested to incorporate it on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, which was starred by Johnny Depp. The more creative side of me will then again flourish. :) But then, I notices that Yale smiles every time he watches Barney music videos. So another idea came into my mind. That is to have Barney on the theme, why not place him in the chocolate factory? There it goes: BARNIE and the CHOCOLATE FACTORY theme. :)

To have some ideas, I checked on Mr. Google and these are some of the things I think I can manage to do for the party.

Invitation...if you have watched the movie, this is how the invitation to the chocolate factory
looks like though it was inside a chocolate bar. I'm still thinking if I should put this in a 
real chocolate bar or just have a DIY chocolate bar box and put the invites inside.

This is a very fascinating decor for the venue (photo courtesy of google)
I'm not sure if I can use this kind of decors (need to find a supplier for this)

These will never be missed. The latest trends in parties are candy buffets.
For my chosen theme, I have to put Barney decors, a lot of chocolate bars, cupcakes, cookies
and of course a chocolate fountain!

To be more on a budget-friendly party, I am thinking of getting a fast food/restaurant
to be Yale's 2nd bday party venue. Shakey's have a Barney and Friends birthday theme.
So this will be easier for me since their party packages already includes amenities like these.
I will just need to add on game prizes, souvenirs and some stuffs. Maybe I can bring a balloonist and magician too, since their host will be more focused on the program and games.

So there are my party ideas for my son's 2nd birthday bash on May 2013. Hope everything will be fine 'cause I really wanted to execute his party as much as I want. After all, he can already mingle and enjoy his own party by then.

Thanks, happy planning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment